This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Walking Woburn is a map of the City of Woburn that we have labeled out in quater mile (.25) increments. Based on the typical walking speed of the average adult (3 mph) each .25 mile is about a 5 minute walk, or a 20 minute mile walk. The purpose of this map is to get you out and walking. By labeling the map in increments you may find out that some of your favorite spots are closer than you may think. Instead of driving there take a nice walk!
Walking provides many benefits for you heart, lungs, and muscles and provides you with energy. Some other benefits of walking are:
- It improves the quality of your life
- Strengthens your heart and circulation
- Decreases hypertension and stress
- Improves your overall energy levels
- Decreases negative health risks such as heart disease, diabetes, obesity,
high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease
Tips for safe walking:
- Use the Sidewalks
- Be prepared with proper exercise attire
- Stretch before every walk
- Walk at a comfortable pace (talking pace)
- Remember to breathe regularly